Debriefing Actions for Transformational Change
JUNE 20 (WEBINAR)
* Please note that there is a $10 (member) and $15 (non-member) participation fee.
Presenter: Paulette Rao
June 20, 2019 ICF-ICF Webinar 11:30-1:00 – 1.5 CCEUs
Why do coaches bother to study neuroscience? Recent scientific data about the brain helps us understand why coaching works and how to coach for maximum efficacy. Neuroscience is the study of the human nervous system, the brain, and the biological basis of consciousness, perception, memory, and learning. This knowledge about the brain allows us to better understand how clients think, act, and learn.
Studying the brain allows coaches and leaders to:
- Understand why coaching works
- Learn how to coach for maximum impact
- Lead a conversation that facilitates learning
- Improve their performance
- Improve the performance of others (who report to us or whom we are coaching).
These insights have the power to fundamentally rewrite the rules for every human endeavor involving thinking and learning, including how we educate, how we hire and manage staff, how we train people in the workplace, and how we develop leaders.
In this program you will:
- Understand how the brain works so that you can increase your efficacy as a coach
- Learn how to create and sustain a positive, engaged state of mind to create the ideal circumstances for coaching to occur.
About the Presenter:
Paulette Rao is a leadership coach and trainer at major corporations around the world. As founder of True North Resources, her coaching consultancy, Paulette helps leaders enhance their own performance as well the performance of their teams while achieving organizational objectives.
Paulette’s leadership coaching is informed by her 28 years of experience as a senior executive and marketing leader in corporate America. She was a Managing Director for Marsh; the world’s largest risk services firm where she ran the Mercer Northeast employee benefits division and was responsible for its P&L. She was one of only 100 female executives at Marsh. In that role, Paulette led and coached hundreds of marketing professionals to establish and develop significant relationships with their clients.
As a Board Certified and Master Certified coach, Paulette works with senior executives, high potentials, and emerging leaders at Fortune 500 and smaller organizations to help them hone the skills they need to improve their performance and develop others in their organization to create positive and profitable change. While she works predominantly with senior male executives, she has gained special notoriety working with female leaders to grow their confidence, executive presence, and leadership skills.
Paulette has expertise in an evidence-based coaching approach that helps leaders transform the way they think, communicate, manage, and lead. She brings the benefits of coaching into corporate settings to transform conversational skills, develop and retain talent, and improve performance and leadership. Her coaching model is a solution-focused, self-directed learning model heavily informed by leadership theory, models and principles, systems science, psychology, change principles, learning theory, and contemporary neuroscience.
Paulette works within a wide scope of industries to help incorporate coaching into their business relationships and communication skills to enhance their management capabilities. Her engagements span the globe including in India, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Israel, Australia, South America, Canada, and the UK. Client companies run the gamut from Fortune 500 to smaller and mid size entities including Merck & Co., GSK, EDS, AIG, Apollo Management, McKay Shields, Texas State, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Newell Rubbermaid, Allied Worldwide, and Ansell Healthcare to name just a few.
Paulette was a trainer for Neuro Leadership Institute, Franklin Covey Southeast Asia and Ken Blanchard Companies, three of the highest profile global coaching firms and is currently part of the coaching faculty at Korn Ferry and GSK. Paulette holds a B.A. in Education and an Advanced Leadership Certificate from the Bell Leadership Institute. She is certified by New York University as an Executive and Organizational Coach and is an Adjunct Professor/ Curriculum Developer in the Graduate and Diploma Coaching Programs, where she received the 2014 NYU Violet Award for Teaching Excellence. She has achieved the designation of Master Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation and serves as the Past President of the New York City ICF Chapter. She is a Founding Fellow of the Harvard Institute of Coaching (IOC). Paulette was also inducted into the YWCA’s New York Academy of Women Achiever’s in 2002 for her transformational leadership after the attacks on NYC in September 11, 2001.
- Author of Transformational Coaching: Shifting Mindsets for Sustainable Change.
- Past President, International Coach Federation NYC Chapter
- Founding Fellow, Harvard Institute of Coaching (IOC)
- International Coach Federation Master Certified Coach (MCC)
- International Coach Federation registered Mentor Coach
- Board Certified Coach (BCC) by the Center for Credentialing and Education, Inc.
- 2014 NYU Violet Award for Teaching Excellence at NYU
- NYU Adjunct Professor in the Graduate and Diploma in Coaching Programs
- Certificate from New York University in Executive and Organizational Coaching
- Developed the curriculum for the Diploma in Coaching at NYU
- Certified by NeuroLeadership Group as a NeuroLeadership Coach
- Keynote Speaker at Global International Coach Federation Conference on “Coaching in the Workplace”
- Former President of the National Association of Insurance Women, NYC Chapter
- Inducted into New York City’s YWCA Academy of Women Achievers
- Certified in Lominger 360 Voices Assessment, Booth 360 Degree and Clark Wilson’s Task Cycle Survey
- Author of Conscious Marketing: Marketing from the Inside Out