Developing Effective Resource States - An Introduction to Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
April 17 (WEBINAR)
* Please note that there is a $10 (member) and $15 (non-member) participation fee, access to the webinar link will be sent to each registrant prior to the event. A webinar replay will be provided to all registered participants following the event.
Presenter: Richard Hyams PCC, CSFC
• ICF approved CCEU' will be provided
• Webinar link will be provided prior to the event
• Webinar replay will be provided to paid participants
Neuro-Linquistic Programming (NLP) is best known as the study of replicating excellence. We have all experienced high performing states of being in the past, but the challenge is to enter into and access such resources when desired. Since the mid seventies, NLP has developed a number of effective techniques for individuals to enter into such optimal resource states quickly and when needed. In this seminar, we will explore a couple of these methods so that you will be empowered to use them immediately with yourself and with clients.
During this seminar you will be presented with:
- A short history of NLP and its principles
- A quick optimal resource building exercise known as "Anchoring." Once the resource state is "anchored" the quality, or state, can be accessed when desired.
- Two types of visualization (mental rehearsal): "Dissociation" and "Association". A unique insight and contribution to human development from the world of NLP. These distinctions explain why some mental rehearsal practices work and others does not.
- How to use dissociated visualization to quickly accelerate your own coaching skills
- How to use dissociated and association visualization together in a process known as the DAD exercise to assist clients in developing intrinsic motivation
- How to use visualization to increase the likelihood of clients completing their agreed upon action steps
By the end of this 90-minute webinar, you will be able to:
- Develop specific triggers ("anchors") for various resource states to be accessed on demand
- Distinguish between two types of visualization and leverage the power of each for different reasons
- Practice a mental rehearsal for rapid skill development
- Lead others through the same process of mental rehearsal
- Effectively assist yourself and others to imagine future actions and increase the follow through of them
About the Speaker:
Richard Hyams PCC, CSFC, Faculty Lead & Senior Facilitator – Erickson International
The overarching theme of Richard Hyams professional life has been a mission to energize others toward a mastery of powerful communication skills and to stand in and own their unique contributions as a source of power. As a Performance and Presentation Mentor Coach, he assists others to present themselves powerfully and create well-polished seminars for exceptional results. As a Life Mastery Coach, Richard uses his coaching expertise to support individuals to move through fear, engage their emotions effectively, and become the prime creative force in their own lives.
In his capacity as Trainer and Facilitator, he draws on his understanding of Accelerated Learning techniques, his theatre sports background, as well as his vast knowledge of the field of human excellence. Richard’s presentations are known to be concise, engaging, informative, and infused with energy. Participants walk away with both confidence in the skills learned and an experience that is dynamic and entertaining. Richard’s training background includes over 1,500 hours of facilitation of human development and communication programs such as the Art and Science of Coaching and NLP Certification.
His credentials include NLP Practitioner, NLP Master Practitioner, NLP Trainer, Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Certification, as well as Certified Professional Solution-Focused Coach. Additionally, Richard has been passionately involved in developing powerful programs in human excellence and evolving a dynamic and energized training style that gives adult learners the capacity to discover that the learning process itself enlivens, empowers, and awakens innate capabilities and resources. He is the creator of the Explore Coaching program and has taught both in-house and online programs.